Aller au contenu principal
Examples of the relative clause and relative pronouns
- It is not the easiest grammar point I will give you some examples.
- Who is for people and sometimes pet animals.
- Peter phoned the Parents, who then phoned the son.
- Which is used for animals and things.
- We drove past my old school, which is closing down this year
- That can be used for people, animals, and things but is informal.
- He went to the school (that) my father went to.
- Whose is possessive and is used for mainly people and animals.
- There was me and there was Kate, whose birthday party it was.
- Whom is used in written form instead of who, if who is the object.
- Drama in colleges is very good for students for whom English is a second language.